Hooters Bomb Threat Shuts Down Hollywood Boulevard
A man claiming to have an explosive in his lunch box drew police response near the Chinese Theatre on Thursday afternoon.
A stretch of Hollywood Boulevard is shut down after a man notified the Los Angeles Police Department that he had brought a lunch box containing a bomb inside the Hooters restaurant located across from the TCL Chinese Theatre.
The stretch of road between Orange and Highland remains closed at this time as police evaluate the situation.
The call was received around 4:45 p.m. PDT, though it is not clear whether the suspect remains inside the restaurant.
"He indicated he went into the restaurant and said he had a lunch pail and in there was a bomb,” a spokesperson for the LAPD tells The Hollywood Reporter. “He left that behind, and from there, everybody scrambled and called the police."
Businesses in the area have since been evacuated.
A suspect has not yet been arrested.
The news comes two days after a bomb threat at Hollywood-based news station KTLA turned out to be a hoax.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack