'Hop' Enlists Social Check-In Game SCVNGR for Promotional Campaign
Challenges will be available to Universal/Illumination's live action/CG-animated movie, which opens Friday, will be available at AMC Theaters and Walmart, among other locations.
As part of the promotional campaign for Universal/Illumination's live action/CG-animated movie, Hop, which opens Friday, Universal has turned to the social check-in game SCVNGR.
Funded by Google Ventures, Highland Capital Partners and Balderton Capital, SCVNGR, which is available as an iPhone and Android, app allows uses to check in at specific locations where they are invited to perform challenges for points that add up to rewards.
Hop-themed challenges will be available at participating locations such as AMC Theaters and Walmart that will offer points to rewards like $100 gift cards from American Express and Fandango.
"We worked closely with Universal Pictures to extend the fun, engaging elements of Hop to a wider audience through SCVNGR's social game layer, where friends can share with each other," said Chris Mahl, svp and chief "brand alchemist" at SCVNGR. "This campaign is a great example of how the entertainment industry can leverage SCVNGR's game layer to easily reach a large audience with an engaged social graph."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR