'Hop' Enlists Social Check-In Game SCVNGR for Promotional Campaign
Challenges will be available to Universal/Illumination's live action/CG-animated movie, which opens Friday, will be available at AMC Theaters and Walmart, among other locations.
As part of the promotional campaign for Universal/Illumination's live action/CG-animated movie, Hop, which opens Friday, Universal has turned to the social check-in game SCVNGR.
Funded by Google Ventures, Highland Capital Partners and Balderton Capital, SCVNGR, which is available as an iPhone and Android, app allows uses to check in at specific locations where they are invited to perform challenges for points that add up to rewards.
Hop-themed challenges will be available at participating locations such as AMC Theaters and Walmart that will offer points to rewards like $100 gift cards from American Express and Fandango.
"We worked closely with Universal Pictures to extend the fun, engaging elements of Hop to a wider audience through SCVNGR's social game layer, where friends can share with each other," said Chris Mahl, svp and chief "brand alchemist" at SCVNGR. "This campaign is a great example of how the entertainment industry can leverage SCVNGR's game layer to easily reach a large audience with an engaged social graph."
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Kim Kardashian's Nuptials to Kanye West Could Be the Wedding of the Century!
- Miranda Kerr Will Chop Off Her Long Hair One Day, Be Prepared!
- Katie Holmes Shows Star Power Right Before Tribeca Film Festival Kicks Off!
- Ryan Lochte & Ireland Baldwin Are Proud American Icons for Calvin Klein White Label's Campaign!