'Horrible Bosses' Premieres at CineEurope
Warner Bros. presents workplace comedy to European theater owners June 29.
COLOGNE, Germany - Warner Bros. will bow its workplace comedy tentpole Horrible Bosses to industry execs at the CineEurope trade fair June 29, just over a week before the Seth Gordon-helmed laffer bows domestically.
In Horrible Bosses, Jason Bateman, Charlie Day and Jason Sudeikis play three harassed employees who decide to hire a hitman to kill off their intolerable bosses: played by Kevin Spacey, Jennifer Aniston and Colin Farrell. Jamie Foxx plays a scheming ex-con who advises them on a "foolproof" plan to take out the horrible trio.
U.S. comedies are typically a tough sell in Europe but Warner Bros. is betting the universal appeal of Horrible Bosses' workplace revenge storyline will allow it to translate across borders. Warner Bros. proved with Hangover that it can deliver a global comedy franchise. The first Hangover cleared nearly $200 million worldwide and Hangover 2, which is still rolling out in several international territories, has already earned more than $150 million outside the U.S..
The 2011 CineEurope is Europe's largest trade show for cinema exhibitors. It runs June 27-30 in Amsterdam.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR