Hot Agency Signing: 'Tree of Life' Co-Star Tye Sheridan Chooses WME (Exclusive)
The actor has been cast opposite Reese Witherspoon and Matthew McConaughey in "Mud."
Teen actor Tye Sheridan has signed with WME in all areas.
Sheridan appeared in Terrence Malick's Tree of Life and played a son of star Brad Pitt's character, the patriarch of a 1950s Texas family on which the film is centered. Life won the Cannes Film Festival's Palme d'Or award.
Sheridan became a hot commodity when he was recently cast as the lead in Mud opposite Reese Witherspoon and Matthew McConaughey. Several agencies are said to have been in contention to sign him.
Mud, from writer-director Jeff Nichols, centers on a fugitive named Mud (McConaughey) who befriends a teenager (Sheridan) as he tries to reunite with his soulmate, played by Witherspoon. The film is being produced and financed by Everest Entertainment.
Sheridan is managed by Paul Nelson and Emily Rose of Mosaic; his attorney is Mitch Smelkinson.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR