Hot New Restaurant — Al Bacio
THR's pick of the week for industry dining in L.A. is a charmingly understated Italian offering along the bustling Sunset Strip.
The Quick Pitch: Mere yards from the strenuously on-trend Church Key and Eveleigh restaurants sits this restrained Italian dining room in the former Osteria Drago space, which, despite its simple modern decor, in its menu hardly betrays a knowledge of what year it is. Chef Christian Simionato draws on a deep stock of imported ingredients, from prosciutto to truffles – conveniently, his financial backers are some of L.A.’s best-connected luxury food importers and distributors – to turn out quietly confident, precisely rendered takes on panzanella salads, handmade pastas and tiramisu.
The Insider’s Dish: A decade ago, the address reigned as record industry redoubt Il Sole under the stewardship of concert promoter Andy Hewitt and top music manager Arnold Stiefel.
The Must-Order Item: Impossibly tender lamb chops with rustic roasted potatoes.
The Industry Neighbor: Devo co-founder Mark Mothersbaugh’s music production company Mutato Muzika is across the street.
8741 W. Sunset Blvd., West Hollywood, 310-657-1182, albacioristorante.com
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Bryan Singer Addresses Sexual Abuse Allegations: They Are 'Outrageous' & 'Completely False'
- Elizabeth Banks Attends Screening for 'Walk of Shame', Wears Two Dresses!
- 'Jem & the Holograms' Leading Cast Revealed: Aubrey Peeples, Stefanie Scott, & More!
- Novak Djokovic Expecting First Child with Fiancee Jelena Ristic!