Hot New Restaurant -- Bucato
THR’s pick of the week for industry dining is a quietly refined respite for pork and pasta in Culver City.
The Quick Pitch: Evan Funke, formerly the executive chef at Rustic Canyon in Santa Monica, decamped to hit the road, helming his own roving Porchetta Truck. Extrapolating from that concept, he’s now taken over the former Beacon address in the Helms Bakery complex, situated in a bright patio-minded space just across a pedestrian walkway from the similarly spare-and-modern Lukshon. Expect small-plates-scaled experimentation with various cuts of pork, assorted handmade pastas and farmers' market fruits and vegetables.
The Insider’s Dish: The chef is the son of Oscar-winning special-effects photographer Alex Funke (Total Recall, The Lord of the Rings).
The Must-Order Item: While it’s still in season, the incredibly delicate fig-and-burrata salad.
The Industry Neighbor: Sony Pictures Studios is an olive’s toss away.
3280 Helms Ave., Culver City, 310-876-0286, bucato.la
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR