Hot New Restaurant -- Bucato
THR’s pick of the week for industry dining is a quietly refined respite for pork and pasta in Culver City.
The Quick Pitch: Evan Funke, formerly the executive chef at Rustic Canyon in Santa Monica, decamped to hit the road, helming his own roving Porchetta Truck. Extrapolating from that concept, he’s now taken over the former Beacon address in the Helms Bakery complex, situated in a bright patio-minded space just across a pedestrian walkway from the similarly spare-and-modern Lukshon. Expect small-plates-scaled experimentation with various cuts of pork, assorted handmade pastas and farmers' market fruits and vegetables.
The Insider’s Dish: The chef is the son of Oscar-winning special-effects photographer Alex Funke (Total Recall, The Lord of the Rings).
The Must-Order Item: While it’s still in season, the incredibly delicate fig-and-burrata salad.
The Industry Neighbor: Sony Pictures Studios is an olive’s toss away.
3280 Helms Ave., Culver City, 310-876-0286, bucato.la
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)
- The CW's 'Star Crossed' Is The Classic WB Show You've Been Waiting For
- Love 'Cosmos?' Then NASA's 'Images Of A Space-Time Odyssey' Will Make Your Jaw Drop (PHOTOS)