'Houdini' Miniseries Adds Evan Jones (Exclusive)
The Lionsgate/A&E Studios co-production stars Adrien Brody as the famous magician.
Houdini has found his assistant.
Evan Jones will play nerdy magician's assistant Jim in Lionsgate/A&E Studios' four-hour miniseries, The Hollywood Reporter has learned exclusively.
Adrien Brody will star as the famous magician, who made the journey from underprivileged Yiddish immigrant to international legend, while Kristen Connolly will play his wife, Bess.
Uli Edel is directing and Gerald W. Abrams and Andras Hamori will serve as executive producers. History greenlighted the project, which chronicles the life of a man who defied death through his stunts and his mastery of illusion, in mid-August.
Jones' character Jim is a shy but passionate fan of Houdini's who meets his hero while working at a magic store. Jones' credits include Jarhead, 8 Mile, The Book of Eli and Seth MacFarlane's upcoming A Million Ways to Die in the West. He's repped by APA and Curtis Talent Management.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws