'House of Cards,' Band of Horses and More: 7 Things You'll Want to Watch, See and Do This Weekend
Don't miss the movies, TV and music everyone will be talking about on Monday morning.
Among the usual Valentine's Day rituals and Presidents' Day sales, there's plenty to love in theaters and on television this weekend. The Hollywood Reporter editors are eagerly looking forward to indulging in a handful of exciting attractions around town -- boxes of chocolate optional.
Get a taste of THR's top seven picks for this weekend -- onstage, onscreen, on the menu.
No matter who wins, the Winter Olympics will be making history by stationing Meredith Vieira at the anchor's post, becoming the first woman to cover Friday night's primetime Olympics coverage solo. She fills in for Bob Costas, the veteran sports broadcaster who has been battling an eye infection. Watch the announcement here.
Netflix has gifted its fans with the second season of House of Cards, with guest directors David Fincher, Jodie Foster and Carl Franklin spearheading episodes with Kevin Spacey, Robin Wright and Kate Mara. Read what the critics are saying here.
Of the handful of '80s remakes that have hit the box office this weekend, About Last Night casts Kevin Hart -- fresh off the buddy-cop hit Ride Along -- alongside Michael Ealy and Regina Hall in the raunchier, and funnier, revamp of David Mamet's 1986 film "Sexual Perversity in Chicago." Read THR's review here.
Vanya and Sonia and Masha and Spike, the Broadway comedy hit that won a Tony for best play in 2013, has settled into downtown L.A. at the Mark Taper Forum. The David Hyde Pierce-directed production of Christopher Durang's play reinterprets Chekhovian threads "with a larkish sense of contemporary stage humor." Read THR's review here.
Thirty years later, The Grill on the Alley is still the ultimate power lunch spot for Ron Meyer, Jeffrey Katzenberg, Dick Wolf, Brian Grazer, Bob Daly and more. Before heading over for a bite, read THR's oral history of the industry hotspot here.
Band of Horses released a live compilation album this week, Acoustic at the Ryman, and has booked 15 dates in February and early March in support of the record. While giving it a spin, read THR's concert review here.
For those who have walked though Diane von Furstenberg's Journey of a Dress exhibit at LACMA, see the museum's Futbol, The Beautiful Game, which features 50 pieces of artwork from artists like Andy Warhol and Ana Serrano, plus a large video installation that spotlights retired player Zinedine Zidane. Take a closer look at the exhibit here.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)
- Brittany Murphy & Dakota Fanning Were The Perfect Couple In 'Uptown Girls'
- Ian Somerhalder Sings Smokey Robinson Classic in 'Esquire China' Behind the Scene Video - Watch Now!
- 'Glee'Actor Harry Shum Jr. is Engaged to Girlfriend Shelby Rabara!
- Nicole Richie Proudly Rocks New Purple Hair at Lunch with Joel Madden!
- Zooey Deschanel's 'New Girl' & Mindy Kaling's 'Mindy Project' Get Early Renewals From Fox!