'House of Cards' Studio Plots Next Projects
MRC's Modi Wiczyk breaks his silence on rumors of Fincher's spending and reveals big new shows.
On Feb. 1, film and TV studio Media Rights Capital will launch the $100 million David Fincher-helmed House of Cards on Netflix, with 13 of its first 26 episodes starring Kevin Spacey all debuting in one day. Now, MRC, the artist-friendly studio behind the smash film Ted, has lured other top filmmakers -- such as Rise of the Planet of the Apes' Rupert Wyatt (for a mystery series with Erica Beeney writing), RoboCop's Jose Padilha (an action-thriller with Contraband's Aaron Guzikowski writing) and Flight's Robert Zemeckis (a sci-fi drama) -- to move into cable series, too. In a THR interview, co-CEO Modi Wiczyk explains MRC's strategy.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR