House of Hassle Adds Grizzly Bear, Interpol's Paul Banks to Music Publishing Roster
Among HoH's recent placements: Phantogram’s “Don’t Move,” heard in "Pitch Perfect"; Sun Kil Moon’s “You Are My Sun,” featured in ABC’s "Revenge"; and The Rosebuds' “You Better Get Ready,” played on NBC’s "Up All Night."
House of Hassle, the music publishing collective borne of a union between PR firm Big Hassle Media and Bank Robber Music, a boutique TV/film licensing firm representing some of the most respected labels in independent rock, is adding new artists to its already impressive roster.
Among the recent signings: Zach Schwartz (of Rogue Wave and Release The Sunbird), Menomena, Lucero, Two Gallants, Paul Banks of Interpol, Grizzly Bear, Vivian Girls, Black Joe Lewis & The Honeybears and Black Mountain/Pink Mountaintops. They join a stable that includes such indie darlings as Black Lips, Sharon Van Etten, Mates of State, The War on Drugs, Jennifer O’Connor, Ra Ra Riot, and The Tallest Man on Earth as well as such iconic bands as Superchunk, Tortoise, Antietam, Trans Am, and Red House Painters.
Recent months have seen HoH artists and their music synched in a broad range of movies and TV programs. Among the high-profile placements: Phantogram’s “Don’t Move,” heard in Pitch Perfect; Sun Kil Moon’s “You Are My Sun,” featured in ABC’s Revenge; Tilly & The Wall’s “Pot Kettle Black,” heard in the trailer for Happy Madison Productions’ That’s My Boy; and The Rosebuds’ “You Better Get Ready,” featured on NBC’s Up All Night (in addition to serving as theme song for six seasons of the Bravo hit Flipping Out).
In addition to generating and collecting publishing revenues for its songwriters, HoH's staff also guides and counsels developing artists in all facets of their careers, from management support to publicity, to label shopping and overall business guidance. HoH offers all of the services of a major publisher including collections of publishing royalties throughout every major territory of the world, as well as a heavy emphasis on television and film synchronization licensing.
House of Hassle is also expanding to new territories with a just-opened Nashville office led by music publishing veteran Lynn Gann.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Zac Efron, Dave Franco, and Christopher Mintz-Plasse Share Crazy Stories From "Neighbors" Set at SXSW 2014
- Jennifer Aniston Would Trade Bodies With Gisele Bundchen, Is Just Like Us
- What We Want To See In 'Looking' Season 2
- I Ain't Gonna Work on Maggie's Farm No More: 'True Detective' and the Deep Dark Secret of the American Psyche