'House of Lies' Actress Joins David O. Russell's Latest Movie (Exclusive)
Dawn Olivieri will play Bradley Cooper's girlfriend in the project with the all-star cast.
House of Lies actress Dawn Olivieri has joined the all-star cast of David O. Russell’s untitled new film.
The Newsroom actor Thomas Matthews also has boarded the production, whose top-flight cast includes Jennifer Lawrence, Bradley Cooper, Amy Adams, Jeremy Renner, Christian Bale and Louis C.K.
The film, which previously was titled American Bullshit and is loosely inspired by the true-life Abscam sting of the late 1970s and early ’80s, tells of a financial con artist (Bale) and his mistress and partner-in-crime (Adams) who were forced to work with an out-of-control federal agent (Cooper) to turn the tables on other con artists, mobsters and politicians.
Olivieri will play Cooper’s girlfriend, while Matthews will play the son of Renner, who portrays a New Jersey mayor.
Olivieri has a trio of films in the can: the indie race drama Supremacy, with Joe Anderson and Danny Glover; drama The Missionary; and Plush, Catherine Hardwicke’s erotic thriller starring Emily Browning.
Thomas recurs as News Night associate producer Martin Stallworth on HBO's Newsroom.
Olivieri is repped by APA, Mosaic and attorney Dave Feldman. Matthews is repped by D2 Management.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR