How the Assault on Netflix Will Shake Out
At last, big studios are making bold moves away from DVDs to the bright digital future, and friending Facebook — but can they stem the rising tide of rentals with their secret weapon, UltraViolet?
If imitation is flattery, then Netflix should feel rather charmed lately, because the company’s aggressive push into streaming TV shows and movies over the Internet is being copied by, well, everybody. The latest entry, Facebook, has begun streaming Warner Bros.’ The Dark Knight to any of its 600 million users who fork over $3.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR