How 'Avatar' and Obama Changed China's Mind
Bob Iger, Jeffrey Katzenberg and Chris Dodd played a role in the backroom negotiation that will allow more 3D blockbusters into the country; China vp loves "The Departed."
Hollywood can again thank Avatar. The James Cameron epic is being credited for helping to spark talks that resulted in the landmark Feb. 17 deal with China that will allow U.S. studios more access to one of the world's fastest-growing movie markets and a much bigger cut of revenue.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR