How 'Bridesmaids' Landed '90s Girl Group Wilson Phillips
In a new interview, Carnie Wilson and Chyna Phillips revealed booked a role in the Kristen Wiig comedy.
Bridesmaids was a big hit at the box office, drumming up $26.2 million its opening weekend.
There were several memorable scenes, but one in particular came at the very end of the film, when members of Wilson Phillips made a surprise cameo.
“They called us — it was as simple as that,” Carnie Wilson revealed to the New York Post, adding that saying yes was a no-brainer.
“These producers (Judd Apatow) have made some of my favorite movies so we knew it would be a smart thing to be involved with,” Wilson said. “But we had no idea how funny the movie was going to be.”
Though no news on a sequel has come out, Wilson said she wouldn’t mind appearing in the next one -- should there be second.
“I want to be in the sequel,” she said. “I could be Melissa McCarthy’s cousin and we can be crazy together. I don’t care who I’m playing, I just want in!”
Wilson Phillips, whose latest hit was 1990’s “Hold On” (which hit No. 1 on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100 chart), is experiencing a sudden burst of recognition, thanks to the success of the movie.
“When I wrote that song, I was 19 years old and was really at a crossroads in my life,” Chyna Phillips said. “I knew that if I didn’t make some really significant changes in my life, I’d end up being another Hollywood statistic.”
Phillips revealed that the band was currently in the middle of “recording a CD.” But will it feature original songs?
“It’s a cover album of all Mamas & Papas and Beach Boys hits,” she clarified. “Then, hopefully we can come out with an original record. That’s the goal.”
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Ian Somerhalder & Kristen Bell Set to Present at Kids' Choice Awards 2014!
- Lupita Nyong'o Hugs Stylist Micaela Erlanger for THR's Top Stylists Issue, Kristen Stewart & More Featured!
- Leslie Mann Supports PaleyFest Icon Award Honoree Judd Apatow!
- Cara Delevingne & Kate Moss Team Up for New Burberry Fragrance Campaign!