How Bristol Palin, 'Situation' fared on 'DWTS'
Dancing competition kicked off 11th season Monday night
Looks like all that "Dirty Dancing" came in handy.
Jennifer Grey, who co-starred in the 1987 film with Patrick Swayze, was the top scorer on Monday night's season premiere of ABC's "Dancing With the Stars."
The actress and her professional partner, Derek Hough, performed a Viennese waltz that earned 24 points out of 30 and moved judge Carrie Ann Inaba to tears. Singer Brandy and Disney Channel star Kyle Massey tied for second place with 23 points.
On the other end of the scale, comedian Margaret Cho, "Jersey Shore" star Mike "The Situation" Sorrentino and actor-singer David Hasselhoff tied for last place with 15 points each.
Falling somewhere in the middle were the show's other contestants: political daughter Bristol Palin; reality star Audrina Patridge; actress Florence Henderson; athletes Rick Fox and Kurt Warner; and singer Michael Bolton.
Judges' scores are combined with viewer votes to determine which celebrity is eliminated each week. The first contestant of the new season will be dismissed during Tuesday's show.
Check out rehearsal footage of Palin below.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR