How Going to the Movies Will Change
With attendance already wobbly, will theater owners spend millions to ramp up security and calm a nervous public?
July 20 was supposed to be a banner day for the 5,722 theaters in the United States -- including Cinemark's Century 16 multiplex in Aurora, Colo. The Dark Knight Rises was poised to do gargantuan business, providing a much-needed boost to a mixed summer at the box office.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR