'How I Live Now' Trailer: Saoirse Ronan is a Teen at War (Video)
Kevin MacDonald's "The Last King of Scotland" follow-up takes place in the English countryside in the near future.
Magnolia Pictures on Monday revealed a first look at Kevin MacDonald's The Last King of Scotland follow-up, starring Saoirse Ronan.
How I Live Now, based on Meg Rosoff's novel of the same name, is set in the U.K. in the near future, where the nation is at war. Ronan plays Daisy, an American teen who ventures overseas to live with her aunt and cousins in the countryside. When her aunt is stuck in Norway and England is invaded by an unnamed force, Daisy and her cousins are left to live in a utopian-type setting, unencumbered by adults.
But when soldiers arrive at the farm and tear the teens apart, Daisy must face the horrors of occupation while attempting to reunite her family.
How I Live Now was produced by Charles Steel, Alasdair Flind, Andrew Ruhemann and John Battsek. The film is set for an Oct. 3 release.
Ronan recently starred in Andrew Niccol's Stephenie Meyer adaptation, The Host, and will soon be seen in Wes Anderson's The Grand Budapest Hotel and Ryan Gosling's directorial debut, How to Catch a Monster.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game