How I Wrote 'Sarah Palin'
The scribe behind HBO's "Game Change" reveals how he put words in the mouth of one of today's most controversial political figures.
I see the movie as an anxiety dream." Game Change director Jay Roach said this to me after we decided to make a movie with HBO about one of the great political stories of our time -- the selection of Sarah Palin as John McCain's running mate in 2008. This approach perfectly characterized the experience of the film's two main characters: senior campaign strategist Steve Schmidt and Palin. Both were trapped in a high-stakes anxiety dream in which they worked tirelessly to turn the Alaska governor -- practically overnight -- into a credible national candidate under the brutal glare of the international media.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR