How Jeff Zucker Can Make CNN Less Boring
Is provocation without ideology possible? Yes, and it's exactly what the ailing net needs to reverse its simplistic, stagnating worldview.
With the hiring of Jeff Zucker as its new worldwide president, Time Warner implicitly has announced that it considers CNN to be a TV channel, which needs a TV insider to fix it. Although he started at NBC News, Zucker has spent the lion's share of his career as a TV executive -- first running NBC, then a stable of broadcast and cable channels -- not as a newsman.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR