How to Make $700 Million a Year
With other companies seeking strategic alliances, the show's producers have upped the ante on product placement, sponsorships and brand integration.
In the same way that Fox's American Idol and the 46 versions the format has spawned around the globe have revolutionized the way hit music is created and sold -- and how voraciously ad buyers are willing to fork over millions -- the show has broken new ground with its formula for integrating sponsorships, product placement, licensing and merchandising on and off the air.And we're not just talking about those ubiquitous Coke cups the judges sip from, either.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR