How New York City Realtors Keep Hollywood Clients Happy
From outdoor swimming pools to in-penthouse parking, how the pros are squaring NYC reality with L.A. dreams.
This story first appeared in the Dec. 13 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine.
Ryan Serhant, Nest Seekers International
"L.A. people are obsessed with parking. My penthouse listing at The One Penthouse [$23 million, in Chelsea] has a Sky Garage. You drive off the street into a private car elevator, which takes you up to the penthouse to your own personal garage. Your car will have the best view of the city, and you can walk right into the kitchen. There are only two buildings like this in the world -- here and in Singapore."
Fredrik Eklund, Douglas Elliman Real Estate
"L.A. entertainment types always want outdoor space when they come here. They want set backs, terraces, that indoor/outdoor life that's like a Malibu house on top of a New York building. I have a $40 million penthouse in Tribeca that will be finished end of 2014. It's got 3,500 square feet of outdoor space, including an outdoor swimming pool."
Nora Ariffin, Halstead Property
"Discretion is the key. It's easier to get privacy in a place like Los Angeles. Here, clients have to feel comfortable with doormen and common entryways. There are a lot of celebrities at 15 Central Park West, but the concierge never discloses information."
John Burger, Brown Harris Stevens
"Central Park front is still the trophy position in New York. And for people in the entertainment business, they tend to prefer Central Park West. It's a little more relaxed, a little more casual. The ultimate listing there right now is the penthouse at Prasada [$48 million]. It's perfection. No detail was left unthought of. It's like a house in the city."
Kelly Kennedy Mack, Corcoran Sunshine
"Young Hollywood is gravitating toward downtown, and the No. 1 neighborhood is Tribeca. It has the best dining but is also more intimate-feeling, and cobblestone streets are less flocked by paparazzi. The 60-story 56 Leonard is the tallest building in Tribeca. Your only views are the birds and the clouds. There's something very king-of-the-world about it."
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Ian Somerhalder & Kristen Bell Set to Present at Kids' Choice Awards 2014!
- Lupita Nyong'o Hugs Stylist Micaela Erlanger for THR's Top Stylists Issue, Kristen Stewart & More Featured!
- Leslie Mann Supports PaleyFest Icon Award Honoree Judd Apatow!
- Cara Delevingne & Kate Moss Team Up for New Burberry Fragrance Campaign!