How 'The Voice' Plans to Twist the Talent Show Formula
Executive Producer Mark Burnett along with celebrity coaches Christina Aguilera, Cee-Lo Green, Blake Shelton and Adam Levine offered a preview of the new NBC singing competition show at a Tuesday press conference.
“The level of talent … is leaps and bounds beyond the winners of any other competition show,” The Voice host Carson Daly declared at the top of a press conference introducing NBC’s new Mark Burnett-produced program, which is based on the wildly successful The Voice of Holland. He was responding to a question about American Idol and how The Voice (on which Daly will fill the Ryan Seacrest role) may fare compared to the ratings giant. “Ours is the best,” Daly proclaimed.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR