How Word of Osama Bin Laden’s Death Spread Online
5:36 AM PDT 5/2/2011 by Georg Szalai
A tweet from the chief of staff for former defense secretary Donald Rumsfeld helped get the word out before President Obama’s speech.
NEW YORK – Word of Osama bin Laden’s death started spreading on Twitter and other social media sites Sunday night even before President Obama made a formal statement confirming the news around 11:35pm EST.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Social & Mobile