Howard Stern Launches Savage Attack on Jay Leno, Calls Him a 'Crook'
11:33 AM PST 1/17/2011 by THR staff
The shock jock says comedian 'steals' jokes; 'He’s not fit to scrub David Letterman’s feet'
In his interview on CNN's Piers Morgan Tonight (airing Tuesday), Howard Stern goes after Jay Leno, accusing the NBC Tonight Show host of stealing jokes."Jay is insane. And Jay is a crook," Stern tells Morgan, according to the New York Post. "And the world knows exactly what he's up to. He steals a tremendous amount of material. "He's not fit to scrub David Letterman's feet," he goes on. "I don't know how he's beaten David Letterman in the ratings. It's beyond my comprehension. America must be filled with morons who at night lay in bed -- the ones who are watching him, they must be in a coma." Stern has long accused Leno of stealing sketch ideas. In 2009, he said Leno copied his idea of inviting a chicken to predict football wins for the following week. "This must be a giant 'Punk'd' on me," Stern said at the time. "This guy's ripped off like ten major things from my show. But the chicken thing we did for years."
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR