H&R Block Calls Ad on MTV's Skins 'A Mistake,' It Won't Happen Again
5:52 PM PST 1/23/2011 by Bryan Alexander
The company regrets one ad running during the controversial show.
H&R block is not joining the companies pulling their advertising out of the MTV program Skins. The company put out a statement making it clear they never were an advertiser.
"H&R Block is not an advertiser of the show," the statement read. "One ad ran by mistake as part of a rotation. Once we learned this, we immediately took steps to ensure it didn't happen again." "This program is not brand right and H&R Block did not select it to be part of our rotation," the statement concluded. http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/wrigley-latest-company-pull-ads-74639 As first reported by The Hollywood Reporter, Taco Bell dropped its ads from the racy teen drama on Thursday, saying the program was "not a fit" for the brand. GM followed suit Friday, placing the show on its "Do Not Buy" list. Wrigley was the third major sponsor to drop the program on Saturday.
our editor recommends
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'