H&R Block Calls Ad on MTV's Skins 'A Mistake,' It Won't Happen Again
5:52 PM PST 1/23/2011 by Bryan Alexander
The company regrets one ad running during the controversial show.
H&R block is not joining the companies pulling their advertising out of the MTV program Skins. The company put out a statement making it clear they never were an advertiser.
"H&R Block is not an advertiser of the show," the statement read. "One ad ran by mistake as part of a rotation. Once we learned this, we immediately took steps to ensure it didn't happen again." "This program is not brand right and H&R Block did not select it to be part of our rotation," the statement concluded. http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/wrigley-latest-company-pull-ads-74639 As first reported by The Hollywood Reporter, Taco Bell dropped its ads from the racy teen drama on Thursday, saying the program was "not a fit" for the brand. GM followed suit Friday, placing the show on its "Do Not Buy" list. Wrigley was the third major sponsor to drop the program on Saturday.
our editor recommends
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws