The Hub Names New Chief Marketing Officer
Dena Kaplan comes to the youth-oriented cable channel from NFL Network.
The Hub has appointed a new chief marketing officer, bringing over NFL Network exec Dena Kaplan after five years with the football channel.
In her new position, Kaplan will be responsible for marketing, branding and promotional strategies for the network, reporting directly to Hub president and CEO Margaret Loesch.
“Dena is an exceptional and well-respected marketing executive with a proven track record as an innovator and creative force in cable television marketing,” said Loesch. “As we expand the reach of The Hub brand, she is the ideal choice to take us into the future. Of particular value to us as an emerging network will be her skills in developing marketing initiatives to support Discovery’s affiliate marketing team and their drive to continue to build distribution. We’re delighted to have her as part of our team.”
Kaplan most recently served as NFL's SVP of marketing where she worked on the popular subscription service, NFL RedZone.
“My mission is to take The Hub from a challenger brand to an essential brand for consumers, distributors and advertisers alike,” said Kaplan. “I am thrilled about the opportunity to work with Margaret and the Hub team to grow the brand across multiple content platforms.”
Debuting in October of 2010, The Hub is a joint venture between Discovery Communications and Hasbro, Inc. One of its most publicized original properties to date is the series My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10