Hugh Dancy, Olsen twins' sister to star in film
Duo cast in indie drama 'Martha Marcy May Marlene'
Hugh Dancy and Elizabeth Olsen are set to star in the indie drama "Martha Marcy May Marlene" from BorderLine Films.
Sean Durkin, the filmmaker behind the Grand Prix-winning short "Mary Last Seen," wrote and will direct the drama, which he initially workshopped at the Sundance labs.
The story centers on a young woman (Olsen) who is living with her older sister (Sarah Paulson) after escaping a cult. Dancy is Paulson’s husband.
Antonio Campos and Josh Mond are producing "Martha." Ted Hope is executive producing.
Olsen, repped by Gersh, is the sister of Ashley and Mary-Kate Olsen. The relative newcomer recently wrapped shooting "Peace, Love & Misunderstanding," the Bruce Beresford indie whose cast also includes Jeffrey Dean Morgan, Catherine Keener, Chase Crawford and Jane Fonda.
Dancy recently starred in film festival favorite "Adam" as well as opposite Isla Fisher in Disney's "Confessions of a Shopaholic."
UTA, which reps Dancy, Durkin and BorderLine, is packaging the project.
Dancy is additionally represented by United Agents in the U.K. and Untitled Entertainment.
The casting development was first reported on the Wrap.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR