Hugh Grant Announces Birth of Son
The actor confirmed the arrival of his second child after receiving inquiries from the press.
Hugh Grant has welcomed his second child, a son.
The actor took to Twitter to announce the news Saturday, after reporters had apparently gotten word of the birth and contacted him. He wrote: "In answer to some journos. Am thrilled my daughter now has a brother. Adore them both to an uncool degree. They have a fab mum."
After receiving congratulations from well-wishers, Grant added that the “press somehow got [the] birth certificate” and he hoped his family would “be left in peace” now that he had confirmed the birth.
Grant became a father for the first time in September 2011, with the birth of his daughter, Tabitha. Tinglan Hong, who is nineteen years younger than the 52-year-old Grant, is the mother of both of his children.
After becoming among the most vocal figures criticizing invasions of privacy against celebrities in Great Britain, he waged and won a legal battle to prevent U.K. paparazzi from camping outside Hong's home. Grant also will receive damages following the alleged News of the World phone-hacking scandal.
In October 2012, News Corp. chairman and CEO Rupert Murdoch issued an apology to Grant after insinuating in a tweet that the actor had abandoned his daughter.
Grant most recently appeared on the big screen in last year’s Cloud Atlas. He is signed on to star alongside Marisa Tomei in an untitled romantic comedy from Marc Lawrence that is eyeing an April start date. Grant is to play a washed-up screenwriter who moves to the East Coast to teach his craft at a small college.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Seth Meyers To Host 2014 Emmy Awards On August 25
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services