Hugh Hefner Not Only One Changing Plans After Non-Wedding
The Playboy founder is screening a movie instead of getting married, while Lifetime must scrap its planned wedding telecast.
Hugh Hefner had planned on getting married Saturday. Instead, he will be screening Runaway Bride, the 1999 film starring Julia Roberts and Richard Gere.
"It seems appropriate,” Hefner tweeted about his choice in film.
Hefner was engaged to 25-year-old Crystal Harris on Christmas, but she called of the wedding Tuesday.
“This isn't the lifestyle for me, multiple girls all around,” she told Ryan Seacrest on his KIIS-FM morning show Wednesday. “I called it off because I didn't think it was the right thing for me to do.”
TMZ reported Harris is spending what would have been her wedding day in Las Vegas with Heidi Montag.
Hefner tweeted that remaining single was probably for the best.
Still, a number of business arrangements had to be altered. Hefner announced Wednesday that copies of the already printed July issue of Playboy, which features Harris on the cover, would be fitted with stickers reading “Runaway Bride,” to compliment a cover that declares her "Mrs. Crystal Hefner."
Lifetime, which was set to film the wedding and create a television special based from it, also had to scrap its plans. The network had already filmed footage from the weeks leading up to the wedding, and was set to air “Marrying Hef” on July 13.
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Watch These Grooving 'Grannies' Get Down Before Running Marathons For A Good Cause
- David Alan Grier's 'How To Tell Black People Apart' Is Just What The World Needs
- Debbie Allen Knows There Won't Be Diversity On TV Until We Meld Into One Melting Pot Of A Race
- Nikki Reed Talks 'In Your Eyes,' 'Twilight' And More With Co-Star Michael Stahl-David