Hugh Hefner Not Only One Changing Plans After Non-Wedding
The Playboy founder is screening a movie instead of getting married, while Lifetime must scrap its planned wedding telecast.
Hugh Hefner had planned on getting married Saturday. Instead, he will be screening Runaway Bride, the 1999 film starring Julia Roberts and Richard Gere.
"It seems appropriate,” Hefner tweeted about his choice in film.
Hefner was engaged to 25-year-old Crystal Harris on Christmas, but she called of the wedding Tuesday.
“This isn't the lifestyle for me, multiple girls all around,” she told Ryan Seacrest on his KIIS-FM morning show Wednesday. “I called it off because I didn't think it was the right thing for me to do.”
TMZ reported Harris is spending what would have been her wedding day in Las Vegas with Heidi Montag.
Hefner tweeted that remaining single was probably for the best.
Still, a number of business arrangements had to be altered. Hefner announced Wednesday that copies of the already printed July issue of Playboy, which features Harris on the cover, would be fitted with stickers reading “Runaway Bride,” to compliment a cover that declares her "Mrs. Crystal Hefner."
Lifetime, which was set to film the wedding and create a television special based from it, also had to scrap its plans. The network had already filmed footage from the weeks leading up to the wedding, and was set to air “Marrying Hef” on July 13.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)
- Brittany Murphy & Dakota Fanning Were The Perfect Couple In 'Uptown Girls'
- Let's Help Rush Limbaugh With This Whole Movies With The Word 'Slave' In The Title Thing