Hugh Hefner Takes Playboy Bunnies to 'Brave,' Fans Don't See the Irony
The 86-year-old tweeted the trip to the feminist-friendly Pixar feature was his girls' choice.
There’s something wonderfully incongruous about this tweet from Playboy mogul Hugh Hefner: “I'm taking my girls out to a movie tonight--Disney's ‘Brave.’ Their choice.”
None of his fans took note (at least publicly) of the irony inherent in the octogenarian escorting a bevy of young women to a movie about an independent girl who doesn’t need a prince charming to rescue her.
Instead, Hef’s female twitter followers simply praised him for his great taste in films, predicting he and the girls would love it.
“great choice! It was a really cute movie. Enjoy!” a young Philadelphia woman tweeted. Another wrote “you'll love it! It is beautiful and funny too!”
Hefner, 86, recently got back together with ex-fiancé Crystal Harris, who last year called off their wedding shortly before their nuptials were to take place.
"Yes @hughhefner and I are back together. Yes I am his #1 girl again. Yes we are happy. Hope that clears up any confusion! Xo” Harris, 26, tweeted earlier this month.
I'm taking my girls out to a movie tonight--Disney's "Brave." Their choice.
— Hugh Hefner (@hughhefner) June 29, 2012
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR