Hugh Hefner Speaks Out About 'Playboy Club' Cancellation
"I'm sorry" the show didn't find an audience, he tweets, adding that it should have been on a cable network instead of broadcast.
Hugh Hefner is lamenting NBC's decision to cancel its freshman drama The Playboy Club.
On Tuesday, the network said Brian Williams' newsmagazine show Rock Center will take the show's place beginning Oct. 31, with Prime Suspect repeats airing at 10 p.m. Mondays in the meantime.
"I'm sorry NBC's The Playboy Club didn't find its audience," he tweeted to his nearly 870,000 followers. "It should have been on cable, aimed at a more adult audience."
He added that fans of the show "are really upset at the cancellation."
The Parents Television Council applauded the news, saying it was "pleased" and "grateful" that the show had been canceled.
Meanwhile, it's not all bad news for Hefner.
"There is renewed studio interest in a major motion picture on my life & the start of the Sexual Revolution," he tweeted Tuesday.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Stephen Colbert Reveals His Role In 'The Hobbit: The Desolation Of Smaug'
- 'Sleepy Hollow' Mid-Season Finale: Moloch Says Ichabod Will Deliver Abbie's Soul To Him (VIDEO)
- Adam Pally Has A Technique To Make The Language Of His Favorite Hip Hop Songs More PC (VIDEO)
- Amy Adams Was Singing 'Grease' In Her First-Ever On-Camera Commercial Work (VIDEO)