Hugh Hefner Responds on Twitter to Ricky Gervais Insults
The comedian joked about the 84-year-old's age and his decision to marry a woman 60 years his junior at Sunday's Golden Globes.
On Sunday night, after praising the AMC show The Walking Dead, Gervais quipped, "Talking of the walking dead, congratulations to Hugh Hefner, who is getting married at age 84 to 24-year-old beauty Crystal Harris. When asked why she was marrying him, she said, 'He lied about his age. I thought he was 94.' Calm down; just don't look at it when you touch it," Gervais added, complete with helpful suggestive gestures.
But Hefner seemed to take it all in stride, tweeting late Sunday that "the Golden Globes was a blast. They made fun of everyone, including Crystal & me. A great night."
When asked by one of his Twitter followers whether he was offended, the Playboy mogul replied: "I'm used to cheap shots. ... It goes with the territory."
Hefner did go on to make a statement about age-related barbs.
"It's ironic that living with 3 young girls prompted a hit TV show, but marrying one prompts humor," he tweeted. "Age is still just a number. ... Jokes about age will begin to seem lame as we all begin to live longer, fuller lives."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR