'Hugh Jackman, Back on Broadway' Returning to New York Stage
The actor will perform a personal selection of his favorite musical numbers.
Hugh Jackman will return to Broadway. His play Hugh Jackman, Back on Broadway, will begin on Oct. 25 and will go on until Jan. 1, 2012 at The Broadhurst Theatre. The official opening night takes place Nov. 10.
The Tony Award winner will perform a personal selection of his favorite musical numbers along with an 18-piece orchestra. The songs will reflect his stage and film career.
"I can't believe it's been seven years since I was singing and dancing on Broadway,” said Jackman. “There is nothing like performing on the Great White Way and I'm so excited to be coming ‘home.’”
Hugh Jackman, Back on Broadway was a success in San Francisco and Toronto.
The creative team for Hugh Jackman, Back on Broadway includes Warren Carlyle (Musical Staging and Choreography), Patrick Vaccariello (Musical Direction), John Lee Beatty (Scenic Designer), Ken Billington (Lighting Design), William Ivey Long (Costume Designer), John Shivers (Sound Design), and Alexander V. Nichols (Projection and Video Design).
The actor last film was 2009's X-Men Origins: Wolverine. He can next be seen in Real Steel, out this October. Also opening this year will be the comedy Butter, which he will play opposite Jennifer Garner and Olivia Wilde.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)
- Brittany Murphy & Dakota Fanning Were The Perfect Couple In 'Uptown Girls'