It's Official: Hugh Jackman Cast as Blackbeard in Warner Bros. Peter Pan Adaptation
The film, to be released in July 2015, is set to be directed by Joe Wright.
Hugh Jackman has officially signed on to play Blackbeard in Warner Bros.' forthcoming Peter Pan origin story that's set to hit screens in summer 2015, the studio said Friday.
"Hugh Jackman always delivers indelible performances that resonate with audiences. We know he will create a Blackbeard who will be a powerful presence in this original Peter Pan adventure," said Greg Silverman, president of creative development and worldwide production at Warner Bros., in a statement.
The live-action film is set to be directed by Atonement helmer Joe Wright and written by Jason Fuchs (Ice Age: Continental Drift). Inside Llewyn Davis actor Garrett Hedlund was offered the role of Captain Hook in the title, THR reported earlier this week.
The film, whose producers include Greg Berlanti (Green Lantern) and Paul Webster (Atonement), will hit theaters on July 17, 2015. Warner Bros. exec Sarah Schechter is presiding over the film for the studio.
Jackman's other upcoming roles include starring in Chappie, a sci-fi thriller directed by District 9's Neill Blomkamp, and reprising the character of Wolverine in X-Men: Days of Future Past.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR