Hugh Jackman Confirms Role In Neill Blomkamp's Sci-Fi Film 'Chappie'
The film also features Sharlto Copley and Jose Pablo Cantillo.
Hugh Jackman says he's onboard for Neill Blomkamp's latest sci-fi title, Chappie.
Speaking at the Zurich Film Festival, the Prisoners star mentioned that he's been added to the cast for Blomkamp's Elysium follow-up.
"I am doing a role in Neill’s new film, called Chappie, which we shoot in Johannesburg. I’m there for a couple of weeks at the beginning of next year," the actor said at a presser, as quoted by Screen Daily.
Chappie, co-produced by Sony Pictures Entertainment and MRC, features a cast that includes Sharlto Copley (The A-Team) and Jose Pablo Cantillo (The Walking Dead). Dev Patel (The Newsroom) is also in early talks to be featured, THR reported in August.
The film centers on a kidnapped robot that's voiced by Copley. The title has set a March 27, 2015, release date.
Jackman was at the Zurich Film Festival to accept the Golden Icon lifetime achievement honor and screen Prisoners, the Denis Villeneuve-directed thriller that debuted at Telluride in August.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack