Hugh Jackman to haunt 'Ghostopolis'
He'll star in and produce the graphic novel adaptation
Hugh Jackman is moving from mutants to ghosts.
The "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" star is attached to "Ghostopolis," an upcoming graphic novel from Doug TenNapel that the author recently set up at Disney. Jackman will produce through his Seed Prods., as will the Gotham Group.
The story centers on a man who works for the government's Supernatural Immigration Task Force. His job is to send ghosts who have escaped into our world back to Ghostopolis. When a living boy accidentally is sent to the other side, the agent must team with a female ghost (and former flame) to bring him back.
No director or writer has been attached to the project.
Casey Wolfe is overseeing for Disney.
TenNapel's graphic novels are in high demand as movie projects, with nearly all of them set up at studios. His dinosaur tale "Tommysaurus Rex" is set up at Universal, "Creature Tech" at New Regency and "Monster Zoo" at Paramount.
Gotham, which produced last year's release "The Spiderwick Chronicles," recently set up the young-adult novel "Spanking Shakespeare" at Paramount. The company also reps TenNapel.
Seed Prods., which Jackman runs with wife Deborra-Lee Furness and John Palermo, is developing several comic book projects, including an adaptation of Virgin Comics' "Nowhere Man." He is repped by Endeavor and Lou Coulson Associates in the U.K.
- The Epic Disney Blow-Up of 1994
- Mickey Rooney's Final Days Marred by Bizarre Family Feud
- Why Stephen Colbert Is the Perfect David Letterman Replacement
- 'The Normal Heart's' 30-Year Journey From Barbra Streisand to Ryan Murphy
- T.D. Jakes on Bringing God to Hollywood and Brushing Off Criticism From Cynics
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- "Nurse Jackie" Is At Its Most Dramatic This Season
- Non-Newtonian Fluids Rock Out As Stars Of Jack White's New Music Video
- Dave Attell's 'Road Work' & 'Comedy Underground' Bring His Raw, Unfiltered Style Back To TV
- James Cameron: The Scripts For All Three 'Avatar' Sequels Are Almost Done, Plus More Reddit AMA Highlights