3D Conversion Business Legend3D Raises $19 Million
The company recently performed work on "Hugo," "Transformers: Dark of the Moon," and "The Smurfs."
San Diego-headquartered 2D-to-3D conversion company Legend3D—which recently performed work on such titles as Hugo, Transformers: Dark of the Moon, and The Smurfs—raised $19 million in VC funding.
Proceeds will fund R&D.
The financing was led by Northwater Capital Management, and is joined by return investors PAR Investment Partners and Augustus Ventures Limited.
“With the recent success of films such as Martin Scorsese’s Hugo, 3D storytelling is primed to sweep audiences worldwide, making it increasingly critical that the technology behind-the-scenes offers today’s content creators a toolset without limits,” said David Patterson, chair and CEO of Northwater Capital Management, in a statement.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR