Hulk Hogan Files Defamation Lawsuit Against Ex-Wife
The former WWE star is claiming Linda Bollea lied about him in her autobiography "Wrestling The Hulk: My Life Against the Ropes" and during promotional interviews.
Hulk Hogan filed a defamation lawsuit against ex-wife Linda Bollea in Clearwater, FL. Thursday.
in the 18-page suit, the former WWE wrestler claims that Bollea lied about him in her autobiography, Wrestling The Hulk: My Life Against the Ropes, and also during a series of promotional interviews for the work, the St. Petersburg Times reports.
The pair, who starred in the VH1 reality show Hogan Knows Best, went through a notoriously nasty divorce in 2009, and since, Bollea has claimed Hogan physically abused her during their marriage including chocking her and dragging her by her hair and clothes.
In the book, she states her husband "tore my shirt, threw lamps, and held me down on the bed with his hands around my throat during arguments. Slamming doors. Pounding walls. I was always afraid he would kill me in one of his rages."
Bollea has also said Hogan, whose real name is Terry Bollea, had a sexual relationship with another male wrestler, Brutus Beefcake.
The wrestler states in his suit that the allegations are false and "harmed the reputation of Mr. Bollea, exposed him to distrust, hatred, contempt and ridicule," hurting his occupation and business.
He has asked for a trial by jury and for his ex-wife to be stopped from making additional comment.
The suit was filed two weeks after the terms of the couple's divorce settlement were revealed showing Linda Bollea received a little more than 70 percent of the pair's liquid assets, including cars and millions from the couple's bank and investment accounts.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack