Hulk Hogan to Mentor Little-People Wrestlers in TruTV Series
"Hulk Hogan's MCW" will take an inside look at the making of a new professional wrestling league dubbed Micro Championship Wrestling.
TruTV has greenlighted a new series that will feature Hulk Hogan serving as a mentor to the wrestlers -- who also happen to be little people -- in a new professional league.
The cable network has given a six-episode order to the tentatively titled Hulk Hogan's MCW, which also will give viewers an inside look at the making of a pro wrestling league.
The MCW -- or Micro Championship Wrestling -- aims to "show the world that little people are serious athletes who have the determination to succeed."
Hogan will provide guidance in recruiting, training and mentoring the wrestlers with the goal of getting the new business up and running.
The series, set to premiere in the summer, is from Bischoff-Hervey Entertainment (Scott Baio is 45 ... and Single, Beverly Hills Fabulous). Hogan also executive produces.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Amanda Seyfried and Cara Delevingne are Joining Pan
- Theater Review: Michelle Williams and Alan Cumming Come (Back) to the Cabaret
- Christopher Meloni on Surviving Jack, Surviving Dinosaurs, and Why His Oz Character Was Revolutionary
- Hedwig and the Angry Inch Director on Those Fake Hurt Locker Playbills