Hulk Hogan Turns on President Obama on Fox News, Dismisses '9-9-9' Plan
The former wrestler withdraws his support, possibly over hurt feelings.
President Barack Obama will be looking for one more vote come November, 2012. Former supporter and mustache advocate Hulk Hogan is apparently no longer a fan.
The retired professional wrestler and reality star took his Thursday appearance on Fox and Friends to clarify his current political feelings.
"I was a big Obama supporter and kinda, like, believed everything he said he was gonna do," Hogan said on Fox and Friends. "But now that nothing's happened..."
Hogan's real issue with the president seems a bit more personal. Obama entered the 2011 White House Correspondents Dinner to "I Am a Real American," a gag in reference to the release of his birth certificate.
"I was a little upset that he didn't ask my permission to use my music, the 'Real American' music," he says, "but that's cool."
When asked where he was throwing his support these days, Hogan suggested himself as a presidential candidate on the platform of a flat tax across the board.
Herman Cain's catchphrase and tax plan, "9-9-9," was thrown out as the closest thing to a flat tax, but Hogan doesn't agree with that either.
"He's not a real American like I am," says Hoagan.
Watch the complete interview, via Politico:
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- A-Sides with Jon Chattman: Alexz Johnson Living "American Dream;" Pace & Revi and a Bicoastal "Hurricane"
- 'Game Of Thrones' Co-Star Reveals Lena Headey Had 'Mixed Feelings' About That Controversial Rape Scene
- Givin' 'Em Hell and Heaven: Conversations With Joe Satriani and Sebastian Bach
- Angel Haze Slams Homophobia In Hip-Hop, Discusses Sexuality
- Shantel VanSanten Leaves the 'Gang' Behind for Night of Music!
- Neil Patrick Harris Gets Support From Partner David Burtka at Opening Night of 'Hedwig and the Angry Inch'!
- 'Frozen' Soundtrack Nabs Its Biggest Sales Week, Stays at Number 1 for 11th Week
- Reese Witherspoon is All About Peeps in Her Easter Baskets!