Hulu, CBBC Acquire Canadian Scripted Reality Show 'The Next Step'
BBC Worldwide also licensed the Temple Street Productions series to Disney Channel in Australia and Sky Italia.
TORONTO – Hulu in the U.S. and the BBC digital network CBBC have acquired the Canadian scripted reality series The Next Step from Temple Street Productions.
BBC Worldwide also licensed the drama about a group of dancers aiming to win a championship competition to the Disney Channel in Australia, Sky Italia in Italy and Croatia's Hrvatska Televizija/HRT.
The series airs on Family Channel and Family.ca in Canada.
"The Next Step is an exciting and original concept that taps into the current trend for scripted reality series and we’re delighted to have such an impressive list of broadcasters already on-board," Henrietta Hurford-Jones, director of children’s at BBC Worldwide, said Wednesday in a statement.
The Next Step was created by Frank van Keeken, and stars Victoria Baldesarra, Alexandra Beaton, Brittany Raymond and Trevor Tordjman. The ensemble cast includes Isaac Lupien, Lamar Johnson, Brennan Clost and Jennifer Pappas.
The Next Step is executive produced by van Keeken, Ivan Schneeberg and David Fortier.
BBC Worldwide handles foreign distribution of the Canadian series.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR