Hulu Latino Content Goes Live
The online video joint venture launched Spanish-language content on Hulu.com and the Hulu Plus subscription site and announced 11 new content partners.
NEW YORK - Hulu on Tuesday launched its previously announced Hulu Latino service, which it says offers "the most robust and complete Spanish-language content library available through an online video service in the U.S.
The online video joint venture of News Corp., Walt Disney, NBCUniversal and Providence Equity Partners, also announced 11 new Spanish-language content partners. They are Azteca America, Butaca, Caracol Television, Comarex, Estrella TV, Imagina US, Laguna Productions, Maya Entertainment, RCTV, Todobebe and Venevision. Content from these partners will start appearing on Hulu and Hulu Plus in 2012, it said.
Users of the free Hulu service will have next-day access to a selection of current season programming, including episodes of such shows as La Fuerza del Destino, Aqui y Ahora, Protagonistas and Noche de Perros.
The launch of Hulu Latino, which users can find via a tab on the Hulu homepage, gives users of the Hulu Plus subscription service access to hundreds of hours of current and classic Spanish-language programming, including the complete current season of primetime TV shows from Univision and its Galavision and Telefutura networks.
"We scour the earth to find great content that we think can do just that, whether it’s top shelf U.S. primetime shows, hard-to-find anime, popular British series or Korean dramas," Andy Forssell, Hulu's senior vp of content, said in a blog post Tuesday. "Today, we are offering another passionate, engaged and tech-savvy audience a deep library of current season and classic content never before available online and on-demand."
He added: "We know that a majority of viewers watching Univision and other premium Spanish-language shows move between English and Spanish language programming on a regular basis. Given that, our goal was to delight the Hispanic community by creating a fully-integrated experience within the Hulu environment."
The Hulu Latino experience is provided with the support of advertising partners Corona, Modelo, Toyota, Pantene and Volkswagen of America.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- 10 Reimagined Disney Posters Bring Your Favorite Childhood Characters Back To Life
- DOCUMENTARY: How One Email Changed One Guy's Life... Forever
- Miley Cyrus Shows Off Her Sex Toy On Twitter, Should Seriously Be Taught What TMI Means
- Here's Everything Wrong With 'Indiana Jones And The Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull'
- Diane Kruger Ties Up Her Shirt to Reveal Her Flat Stomach
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt Reenacts YouTube Viral Sensation 'David at the Dentist' - Watch Now!
- Michelle Obama Hosts Women in Soul Event, President Barack Obama Flubs Spelling of Aretha Franklin's 'Respect'
- Find Out How Oprah Winfrey Got Fooled By Princess Diana!