Hulu, Time Warner Cable End Talks Over Ownership Stake (Report)
Talks had continued even after the auction of the streaming video service was canceled earlier this month.
The cable company was looking to acquire a 25 percent stake but couldn't agree on a price with joint owners 21st Century Fox, Walt Disney Company and NBCUniversal, sources told Reuters.
Earlier this month, Hulu's owners took the service off the auction block for the second time in two years after receiving multiple bids. Instead of a sale, the owners pledged to invest $750 million to, in part, produce more original content.
Time Warner Cable declined to comment when contacted by The Hollywood Reporter.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR