'Hunger Games' Album to Feature Taylor Swift, Arcade Fire and The Decemberists
The companion songs from producer T. Bone Burnett, Lionsgate and Universal Republic Records will be released ahead of the film's wide release on March 23, 2012.
TORONTO – Taylor Swift, The Decembrists and Arcade Fire have collaborated with music producer T. Bone Burnett on a companion album for The Hunger Games from Lionsgate and Universal Republic Records.
The album will feature new songs based on themes in the upcoming Jennifer Lawrence, Josh Hutcherson and Liam Hemsworth-starring movie, and will come out in advance of the film's wide release from March 23, 2012.
Swift worked with the Civil Wars and Burnett to write and perform the lead single "Safe and Sound," which shot to the top of the charts on iTunes when released on December 23.
Arcade Fire’s Win Butler and Regine Chassagne, who won the 2011 Grammy for album of the year, also wrote a song with Burnett entitled "Horn Of Plenty." The Decemberists did their own song, "One Engine," also to appear on The Hunger Games companion album.
All artist deals were negotiated for Lionsgate by Lenny Wohl, executive vp of music business affairs, and by Universal Republic’s senior vp of business affairs Michael Seltzer.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'