The Hunger Games' 'Catching Fire' Gets a Nov. 2013 Release
The second installment of the highly anticipated franchise is slated for a Thanksgiving holiday opening.
Lionsgate has claimed the Thanksgiving 2013 holiday for Catching Fire, the second film in the Hunger Games franchise. The sequel opens in theaters Nov. 22, 2013.
Director Gary Ross is presently shooting The Hunger Games, the first movie in the series, which hits the big screen March 23, 2012.
The movies are based on Suzanne Collins’ blockbuster young adult book trilogy.
“The magical thing about the Hunger Games trilogy is that the books have such a vastly broad appeal. The stories truly offer something for everyone, and the period around the Thanksgiving weekend is such an opportunity for families and friends to make an event of going to the movies,” Lionsgate co-COO and Motion Picture Group president Joe Drake said.
The Hunger Games stars Jennifer Lawrence in the lead role, and is produced by Nina Jacobson’s Color Force in tandem with producer Jon Kilick.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR