'Hunger Games: Catching Fire' Gets Nov. 21 China Release
The Lionsgate sequel, starring Jennifer Lawrence and Josh Hutcherson, will roll out on more than 3,000 screens.
TORONTO -- The Hunger Games: Catching Fire will get a Nov. 21 release in China, Lionsgate announced.
The mini-major said the second installment in the Hunger Games franchise has been okayed for a dubbed and subtitled release on more than 3,000 screens nationwide by the China Film Group and Beijing-based Talent International Film Co.
Jennifer Lawrence, Josh Hutcherson and Liam Hemsworth star in the film, which will hit U.S. theaters on Nov. 22.
The first Hunger Games film performed well at the Chinese box office for Lionsgate, as did more recent releases like Now You See Me and The Impossible.
"The Hunger Games: Catching Fire has become a truly global phenomenon, and its day-and-date release in this key territory further cements its status as a worldwide motion picture event of epic proportions," said Lionsgate motion picture group co-chairs Patrick Wachsberger and Rob Friedman in a statement.
Based on Suzanne Collins' popular YA book, Catching Fire follows Katniss (Lawrence) as she and Peeta (Hutcherson) are forced to return to the deadly Hunger Games while dealing with increased unrest in the Districts.
Francis Lawrence directed the film.
The third and fourth films in the franchise -- Mockingjay: Part 1 and Mockingjay: Part 2 -- are set to hit U.S. theaters on Nov. 21, 2014, and Nov. 20, 2015.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)