'Catching Fire' Casts Jeffrey Wright as Beetee
The veteran stage and film actor joins recent lineup additions Sam Claflin, Jena Malone and Philip Seymour Hoffman.
TORONTO -- Lionsgate has cast Jeffrey Wright to play Beetee in The Hunger Games sequel Catching Fire.
The Tony Award-winning actor will play Beetee, who hails from District 3 and is nicknamed "Volts" because of his electronics expertise.
Wright's stage credits include Tony Kushner's Angels in America, which he reprised in HBO's 2003 miniseries adaptation. That earned him a Golden Globe and an Emmy Award.
His film credits include Basquiat, Source Code, Casino Royale and Quantum of Solace. He will next join Mark Wahlberg, Russell Crowe and Catherine Zeta-Jones in Allen Hughes' political thriller Broken City.
Other actors recently joining Catching Fire include Sam Claflin, Jena Malone and Philip Seymour Hoffman.
The sequel, directed by Francis Lawrence, will be produced by Nina Jacobson’s Color Force, in tandem with producer Jon Kilik. Lionsgate will release the film on Nov. 22, 2013.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR