'Hunger Games' Coming to Netflix Canada Before U.S.
The video streaming giant will see its Canadian subscribers get the Lionsgate teen tentpole before it's made available south of the border.
TORONTO – Netflix Canada subscribers will get to stream The Hunger Games before the teen tentpole comes to Netflix stateside.
The U.S. video streaming giant inked a deal with Canadian indie distributor Alliance Films to bring the Lionsgate box office hit to Netflix Canada on Dec. 31.
“We are excited to be the exclusive online home for The Hunger Games in Canada, and we think that our Canadian members are going to be thrilled with the latest addition to the service,” Ted Sarandos, chief content officer at Netflix said of the deal with Alliance Films, a key Canadian supplier to Netflix.
Based on Suzanne Collins’ best-seller, The Hunger Games stars Jennifer Lawrence, Josh Hutcherson, Liam Hemsworth and Donald Sutherland.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack