'The Hunger Games' Gets a Viral Website
A shaky, unstable image greets visitors to thecapitol.pn, launched to promote the Lionsgate film.
The Hunger Games marketing campaign is ramping up.
Now that the first official footage of the highly anticipated science fiction thriller has been released, Lionsgate is getting sneakier with a viral marketing website: www.thecapitol.pn.
Visitors to the site see a shaky, pixelated image that's still unclear but is most likely the Capitol Seal. Fans of the trilogy of young adult novels by Suzanne Collins know this to be the seat of governmental power in the futuristic version of America known as Panem (referenced in the site's URL).
A signup in the corner of the page allows the site to send the following message out on the user's Twitter account: The Capitol knows who I am. Identify yourself immediately: http://thecapitol.pn #whatsmydistrict.
There's no indication on the site of when the next phase of the puzzle will go live, but the film hits theaters on March 23, 2012.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR