'Hunger Games'' Jennifer Lawrence to Sing 'Rue's Lullaby' on Film Soundtrack
Composer T-Bone Burnett confirms that the actress is a “great” singer.
Jennifer Lawrence is fully embracing her Hunger Games character, all the way down to her vocal cords.
Music producer T-Bone Burnett, who is composing the film’s score alongside Danny Elfman, confirmed to MTV on Tuesday that Lawrence has stepped inside the sound booth for the soundtrack. Lawrence plays heroine Katniss Everdeen and will lend her voice to the memorable (and heart wrenching) “Rue’s Lullaby.”
“It was beautiful,” Burnett said of Lawrence’s performance. “She did great. She’s singing great.”
Thus far, fans have only gotten glimpses into production with stills of Lawrence and her leading men, Josh Hutcherson and Liam Hemsworth. A trailer has yet to surface, but Burnett is quick to hint that Lawrence's recording will be “coming out soon.”
The Hunger Games is slated for a March 23, 2012 release and stars Lenny Kravitz, Elizabeth Banks, Stanley Tucci and Woody Harrelson. The Lionsgate film, based on Suzanne Collins’ wildly successful book series, is directed by Gary Ross and is the first in what is expected to be a series of four movies.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)